He is a migration of a RAC 188.8.131.52 database to 184.108.40.206 using dbua!
Upgrade of the grid infra to 220.127.116.11 can be seen here
I am choosing ECOM database.
Please keep in mind that the database should run from the node you are initiating the upgrade on.
You can fix and check or execute manually the pre step scripts provided.
Note: All objects in there recycle bin were at PDB level so the purge DDBA_recyclebin has to be execute at the PDB level.
During the upgrade, of course the database goes down!
ora.ecom.db 1 OFFLINE OFFLINE Instance Shutdown,STABLE 2 OFFLINE OFFLINE Instance Shutdown,STABLE
Note: The ECOM database is a simple container database with one PDB create after the installation of the cluster 18.104.22.168 with dbca!
But it takes a lot of time!
Successful but very long time to complete such small database!
Have to figure out why…
Database registration after the upgrade
ora.ecom.db 1 ONLINE ONLINE node1 Open,HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/22.214.171.124/rdbms,STABLE 2 ONLINE ONLINE node5 Open,HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/126.96.36.199/rdbms,STABLE
Now I have 188.8.131.52 grid infrastructure with two rdbms homes
- 184.108.40.206 4 database
- 220.127.116.11 1 database
Latest posts by Jacques (see all)
- 8 Nodes Cluster Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 - May 12, 2019
- RAC Database upgrade from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 - May 12, 2019
- Managing Standby RedoLogs - May 12, 2019
- Cannot create database on ODA X6-2m after changing default port from 1521 to 13200 - January 8, 2018
- Setting up TAF with Data Guard: news from error ORA-16456 - December 13, 2016