He is the first attempt to migrate a RAC 126.96.36.199 database to 188.8.131.52 using dbua!
Upgrade of the grid infra to 184.108.40.206 can be seen here
I am choosing ECOM database.
Please keep in mind that the database should run from the node you are initiating the upgrade on.
You can fix and check or execute manually the pre step scripts provided.
Note: All objects in there recycle bin were at PDB level so the purge DDBA_recyclebin has to be execute at the PDB level.
During the upgrade, of course the database goes down!
ora.ecom.db 1 OFFLINE OFFLINE Instance Shutdown,STABLE 2 OFFLINE OFFLINE Instance Shutdown,STABLE
Note: The ECOM database is a simple container database with one PDB create after the installation of the cluster 220.127.116.11 with dbca!
But it takes a lot of time!
Successful but very long time to complete such small database!
Have to figure out why…
Database registration after the upgrade
ora.ecom.db 1 ONLINE ONLINE node1 Open,HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/18.104.22.168/rdbms,STABLE 2 ONLINE ONLINE node5 Open,HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/22.214.171.124/rdbms,STABLE
Now I have 126.96.36.199 grid infrastructure with two rdbms homes
- 188.8.131.52 4 database
- 184.108.40.206 1 database
Latest posts by Jacques (see all)
- Cannot create database on ODA X6-2m after changing default port from 1521 to 13200 - January 8, 2018
- RAC Database upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 - July 5, 2017
- 8 Nodes Cluster Upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 - July 4, 2017
- Setting up TAF with Data Guard: news from error ORA-16456 - December 13, 2016
- Setting up TAF with Data Guard: A new ORA-16456 is coming! - December 12, 2016